1) Does the school offer the major you are interested in? Do they have a strong program in your interested career field? Do they have partnerships with local companies and internship opportunities?
2) Do you want to go to a large, medium, or small school? Schools can range in size from under 2000 students to over 30,000 students.
3) 考虑学校的位置——你喜欢在城市(城市)，在城市外(郊区)，还是在一个更偏僻的地方(农村)?这所学校离国际机场有多远? 一年到头的天气是怎样的？
3) Think about the location of the school – do you like being in the city (urban), right outside the city (suburbs), or in a more isolated location (rural)? How close is the school to an international airport? What is the weather like all year long?
4) 学校的人口分布统计——你想去一所有中国学生占比较大的学校吗?国际学生的比例是多少? 你想去一个更加多元化的学校吗?
4) Demographics of the school – do you want to go to a school with more Chinese students, or less? What percentage of the student population are international students? Do you want to go to a more diverse school?
5) Student Services – what support services does the school offer for international students? How much personal attention can the school give you? What is the professor-to-student ratio?
6) Extracurriculars and Social Life – what student activities and events does the school offer to students? Do they have many clubs or intramural sports? Are there fun activities and things to do outside of the school campus? What is the social scene like on and off campus?
7) What is the Living Situation Like – many schools require students to live on-campus in dorms for at least the first two years. Other schools don’t have dorms at all and require you to find your own housing.